Sunday 22 June 2014

Wimbledon Open Studios

Collage and mixed media by Nick Sherratt
 
A month ago TOFCA searched for collagists in a very hot buildings of Wimbledon Art Studios as well as visited the Affordable Art Fair in Hampstead Heath. At both events I have noticed another trend in mixed media art (after butterflies, of course) - graphic over old documents and maps. Gavin Mitchell very neatly presented large photomontages but his website revealed Gavin is also an interesting collagist. Also at Wimbledon Open Studios I saw paintings that looked like collages, so I stopped to talk to the artist, Nick Sherratt, and found out something genious about his works. For his paintings Nick makes collages as sketches. So my eye for collage is keen indeed!

Fablon (!) collages by Paul G Emmerson just blew my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment